Jul 8, 2013 | Atlanta, GA
The following Georgia Tech employees and units have been honored in recent months:
- Haesun Park, associate chair for graduate studies in the School of Computational Science and Engineering, was named a Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics Fellow.
- The Office of the Arts received a Doris Duke Charitable Foundation grant for $150,000 to enable the Institute to work with choreographer Jonah Bokaer to develop a project titled, “Applied Movement: App Development for Choreography.”
- Dimitri Mavris, professor in the School of Aerospace Engineering, has been selected to serve on the Air Force Science Advisory Board. Mavris also received the Faculty of the Year Award from the Graduate Student Senate.
- Wayne Whiteman, senior academic professional in the School of Mechanical Engineering, received the Dr. Anderson D. Smith Administrator of the Year Award from the Graduate Student Senate.
- Kim Harrington, director of the Student Center, received the Friend of the Graduate Student Award from the Graduate Student Senate.
- Lucius M. Sanford Jr., executive director of the Letterwinners Club and director of development for the Athletic Association, was honored by the Georgia Tech Black Alumni Organization.
- Jonathan Colton, professor in the School of Mechanical Engineering and School of Industrial Design, was named a Jefferson Science Fellow.