May 13, 2013 | Atlanta, GA
From managing common conditions like asthma and diabetes to handling the day-to-day pressures of the workplace, healthy living can be a challenge.
That’s why the Office of Human Resources has created the new Be Well Benefits Education Series — an initiative that has stemmed from the work of the President’s Family Friendly Task Force Policies.
“OHR is providing faculty and staff with an excellent opportunity created to enhance their work/life experience here at Georgia Tech,” said BeNedra Williams, GT work/life specialist. “By attending this series, employees will be informed about various benefits and wellness resources that can yield balance to the mind and body.”
Each month, one of the Institute’s benefits providers will host a session focused on a current wellness topic such as heart health or life insurance. The 2013 Be Well series kicks off on May 22 and ends with a seminar on Nov. 13.
Mark your calendars now for these events:
- May 22: EyeMed, Vision Care, 12:15 to 1 p.m.
- June 12: Kaiser Permanente Presentation — How to Handle Stress at Work, 12:15 to 1 p.m.
- July 9: Bank@Work Expo and Seminars, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (seminars start at 10:15 a.m.)
- July 17: Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) — ConditionCare Programs (Diabetes, Asthma, Heart Health, etc.), 12:15 to 1 p.m.
- Aug. 28: Unum — Disability, Life, and Financial Protection Benefits, 12:15 to 1 p.m.
- Sept. 18: MetLife Dental — Oral Health, 12:15 to 1 p.m.
- Oct. 22: BCBS and Kaiser Permanente Q&A Session, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Nov. 13: CIGNA Life Insurance — Life and Additional Plans, 12:15 to 1 p.m.
For more information and room locations, click here.