Mar 4, 2013 | Atlanta, GA
The following Georgia Tech employees have been
honored in recent months:
- Rafael Bras, provost and executive vice president for Academic Affairs, was elected to the board of trustees of the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research.
- Gilda Barabino, professor and vice chair for graduate studies in the Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering, was inaugurated as president of the Biomedical Engineering Society.
- Saibal Mukhopadhyay, assistant professor in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, has been named one of 26 professors from across the United States to receive a 2012 Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award.
- William Wepfer, Eugene C. Gwaltney, Jr. Chair of the School of Mechanical Engineering, received the 2012 Fellow of ABET Award.
- Twelve faculty from the School of Mathematics were named Fellows of the American Mathematical Society including professors Matt Baker, Jean Bellissard, John Etnyre, Wilfrid Gangbo, Michael Lacey, Michael Loss, Doron Lubinsky, Prasad Tetali, Robin Thomas and Associate Professor Brett Wick. Adjunct math professors who were recognized include Bill Cook of the H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISyE) and Dana Randall of the School of Computer Science.
- C.F. Jeff Wu, the Coca-Cola Chair in Engineering Statistics and professor in ISyE, received the 2012 U.S. Army Wilks Award during the 2012 Army Conference on Applied Statistics.
- Professor Christopher W. Jones of the School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering is the recipient of the 2013 Paul H. Emmett Award in Fundamental Catalysis, which is sponsored by the Grace Catalyst Technologies operating segment of W.R. Grace & Co. and administered by The North American Catalysis Society.
- Researchers at the Center for Organic Photonics and Electronics were presented the Academic R&D Award at IDTechEx Printed Electronics USA, an industry event held in Santa Clara, Calif., on Dec. 10.
- Ton Dieker, assistant professor in ISyE, has been awarded the prestigious National Science Foundation CAREER Award.
- Craig Tovey has been appointed the David M. McKenney Family Professorship in ISyE for a three- year term.
- The Department of Housing received the 2013 FMXcellence award for organization-wide improvements in energy efficiency and sustainability from Building Operating Management.
Awards for this feature are accepted on an ongoing basis. Provide name, title, unit and honor (spelling out acronyms) to email@example.com.