Banner Access

Georgia Tech is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Grading requests (Banner/OSCAR access) are granted to authorized instructional faculty of Georgia Tech whose credentials meet the standards of SACS-COC, whose original transcripts are on file with the Office of Faculty Affairs, and who has signed a FERPA Acknowledgement Form.

Once the official transcript has been submitted to the Office of Faculty Affairs, a departmental representative may request Banner access by completing the Banner Access Request Form and uploading the signed FERPA Acknowledgement Form. The Office of Faculty Affairs is located in Suite 002 of Tech Tower. The campus mail code is 0742. Regarding transcripts, please note the following guidelines:

  • All transcripts must be issued to the Office of Faculty Affairs or a department representative. Transcripts issued to the student must be submitted to the department representative in an official sealed envelope.
  • Electronic transcripts may be issued to
  • Once the seal on the envelope is broken by a departmental representative, s/he should sign and date the transcript's first page.
  • For non-US institutions, a foreign credential evaluation must be provided in addition to the degree documents. For university systems in which English language transcripts are not available, please submit a copy of the diploma or foreign language transcript accompanied by a report from a credential evaluation service. A credential evaluation service is not the same as a translation service; contact your local administrator for suggestions.
  • For employees who hold joint appointments with Emory or another USG institution, Faculty Affairs will accept a copy of the credentialing file from the other institution.
  • For employees of GTL, Faculty Affairs will accept a copy of the credentialing information on file at GTL if clearly comprehensible by Faculty Affairs Staff.

For questions related to transcripts or Banner access, please contact Faculty Affairs.